Welcome Guest
Thursday
10:45

Guns Are Civilization Association

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: BoMan  
G.A.C. Forum » Carry methods » CCW/Open » just thinking (women and firearms)
just thinking
PTDixieGalDate: Thursday, 2012.07.05, 11:46 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
I was just thinking...I'm in the process of getting my concealed carry permit. I'm a small female...well, let me reword that. I'm 5 ft 8, approximately 130 lbs. I'm trying to think what would be the best method of concealed carry for me. Right now I'm still in the process of selecting a piece...I'm going to finger a SCCY and a KelTec and maybe a Ruger LCP today (just so I can have something to compare and I'm told that the people that founded SCCY were once KelTec employees so I'd guess that there would be some similarities there). Any more thoughts?

p4ck37p1mpDate: Saturday, 2012.07.07, 09:52 | Message # 2
Private
I have the LCP and the LC9, I like them both. The LC9 is just a bit larger than the LCP, but it is 9mm vs .380. I use an IWB for the LC9 and a Uncle Mikes pocket holster for the LCP. The LCP is like a cell phone, you don't even notice it. Be advised both take quite a bit of practice to get used to, the long DAO really takes some adaptation. I'll give you a trick that will save you some rounds, don't look at your sight picture, look at the 'hammer', when it is nearly to the bottom, hold it there and find your sight picture then continue squeezing the trigger and constantly keeping your sight picture. This is true with any DAO or any long heavy triggered hand gun. My rule of thumb with both of these guns is one third of what my range accuracy is. I am fairly accurate to 10 yards, meaning all shots are in the head and in the heart. So I trust myself to 10 feet under duress.

peashooterDate: Sunday, 2012.07.08, 18:52 | Message # 3
Private
http://www.flashbangholster.com/Flashbang_Holster/Welcome.html
might or might not work for you.
My wife likes it.

PTDixieGalDate: Monday, 2012.07.09, 00:56 | Message # 4
Private
It wouldn't work for me. I shoot a Ruger SR9 (rental, at the range) and I'm going to look at a KelTec and SCCY. Might work for some of the other ladies though.

G.A.C. Forum » Carry methods » CCW/Open » just thinking (women and firearms)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: